Thursday, September 20, 2007

Starting new

Hi everyone! I've decided to switch over to this blog from caringbridge (as I updated there). This is so cool! I've never blogged before. I don't know why this is so stinkin' exciting to me.

The latest around here is that we're now on 3 shots per night. I say we--it's just me. People ask me what Paul's doing during all of this. Basically, nothing--he's here for support (and he's pretty great with that!), but he has no pills, no shots, no suppositories, no patches, or any of this other stuff. I guess it's better that only one of us is going through this. We don't need 2 hormonal bitches in the house. Hahaha! Truthfully, it hasn't been that bad. Of course, it's only been 2 nights, but I don't really feel any different. No more emotional, though I do tend to cry a little harder at certain commercials and TV shows (I did that before anyway).

Anyway, I have to take shots of Lupron, Gonal, and Menopur. They're not hard to do and the needles are quite small. I feel a stick every now and then, but not bad. I was told that the average time on these shots is 10 days, which puts our projected egg retrieval date at about Saturday, Sept 29th. This means that 3-5 days later, the embryo transfer will take place. This works out perfectly with my school schedule--it wouldn't interfere, but anything can happen so those dates aren't set in stone. I think Kate is more excited than anyone that we're going through this. :)

That's it for now. I have a lot to do today, and I'm going to Springfield tomorrow for an overnight stay--Saturday, I'll go to my Gram's house to pick out stuff to bring home. We have little to no room here, but a lot of this is old, antique crap that can't belong to anyone else but us. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Beck....found your new spot! Glad your shots are going well so far! The 29th is right around the corner!!!! Again as always....fingers crossed and you are both in our prayers!!! Have fun in Springfield!!!!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the blogosphere!