Wednesday, February 6, 2008

The winter of my discontent.

Eeee-gads, I hate winter. I hate being cold (especially now that I no longer have free access to a jacuzzi tub) and I hate snow. I miss green! I miss leaves on trees! I miss mowing the lawn! Winter, however, can provide some pretty pictures. I've taken a few of them along the way and posting them on my photo site in a file called Winter 2008, or something like that (for those who don't know, my site is here). Here are a couple I took tonight (that aren't on the site):



You can see how deep the snow has gotten in the second. It's awful--for those who are lucky enough to NOT live in the Chicago area (worse, if you live in Florida), this is what we're having to deal with. We had a foot dumped on us last weekend, and this afternoon, another one's expected. There's no where to throw it anymore.


Ok, enough about this horrid stuff. On the family front, Kate is pregnant! And there's only one in there! For anyone who might not know (I think all who read this do know), my uber-courageous sister is now a surrogate for a very lucky family. The thought did cross my mind that WE may need her services as well when she's done, but we'll figure that out later. In the meantime, she's managed to get out of having to shovel (lucky bitch).


School is going surprisingly well! I'm so much happier this term, thus the students are happier. All is well on the work front. The vet clinic job is so cool. I've gotten to see and experience things there that I had always dreamed of doing. I have a high tolerance for seeing blood, however vomit is still a problem (not so much with animals). :)


I hope someone, somewhere who's reading this is enjoying warm weather. I dream of it. Every. Damn. Night. Please don't write and tell me about it though. I don't think I could take it!

Enjoy!

0 comments: