Monday, April 21, 2008

Early morning...ugh.

Paul took off early this morning for Rush as his sister's due to have her double mastectomy this morning. He'll spend the majority of the day there today, then drive Kevin (his brother-in-law) home in the early evening. He's a good brother.

Our open house yesterday went pretty well! We left at noon and returned to the house at 1:45pm. At that point, there had been 3 potential buyers there. As we were sitting there talking to Dawn, 3 more cars pulled up! We scurried to the back yard with the dog to play it cool. :) A total of 6 people (many couples or families) isn't a bad record, especially in this market. We found out that a house for sale right up the street sold this past weekend, so that's encouraging! We still have one for sale a few houses down from ours--it's in foreclosure and, from what I've heard, it's a DUMP on the inside. The price keeps going down (it started at $234K a few months ago, and was just recently lowered to $199K). Significantly lower than ours ($239K), but ours is in move-in condition and needs little work. If you'd like to see our listing on realtor.com, just click here!

The weekend of baby-making went well. Of course, we won't know for a few weeks if it was successful or not. I have a feeling I'll be drinking next month at my cousin's wedding in TX. I'm just sayin'...

I'm SO HAPPY the weather is warming up!! There are a couple good scooter-riding days this week, however the weekend looks icky.

I'll be sending an email around in the next few weeks about the fundraising walk I'll be participating in in June (first Saturday). It's to raise money for neurofibromatosis. We have participated in this every year as Paul's best friend's son, Ben, has this. Ben's a great kid and this is something we enjoy taking part in. I know I've been a part of it every year that I've been with Paul (this will be my 5th time). Get ready to send me money! :) More details coming soon...

Enjoy the beautiful weather!!

0 comments: