Monday, July 28, 2008

Montreal 2

Oh shit. I had a whole post typed up and somehow, I lost it. I tried to highlight and copy it in case I lost it, but something happened and I lost it anyway. UGH!!

Ok, to recap what I had already written, basically our vacation has been wonderfully lazy! Saturday, we walked around quite a bit in the area of our hotel. The hotel is right smack-dab in the middle of downtown. We're just a couple blocks from this whole shopping district (above ground). Underground is an entire shopping network that spans the whole downtown area. It's pretty impressive! We spent a little time down there shopping around, but Paul can only take so much of that. I could go all day. ☺ After spending the afternoon napping (me...Paul watched TV), we walked around and found a little grocery store where we bought bread, cheese, and wine and had dinner in our room. We so enjoy doing that!!

Sunday, the "theme of the day" was laziness. I got up early and spent some time on the internet, then sat to watch Grey's Anatomy (I had 5 episodes from last season on a DVD to watch later...I brought the DVD with...there are episodes of Lost on there as well, but I haven't seen those yet). Paul was still sleeping, so I watched. Then he woke up and turned on the TV, and I just kept watching (I had headphones on the laptop). Eventually, we showered and went out to forage for food around 12:30pm. We walked around for a couple hours and stopped to see the inside of a beautiful church, had lunch around 2:30pm, then came back and watched TV and played Yahtzee. We had intended to go up to the rooftop pool, but it got cloudy so we didn't. Having had lunch so late, we skipped dinner and just hung out all evening. It was perfect!

I think our time in Quebec city will be much different--more sightseeing, less laziness. We'll be staying in a small B&B in the middle of town where there's undoubtedly no TV in our room, and no wireless internet. Normally, we wouldn't think of bringing a computer along on a vacation, but with our house on the market and no cell phone service, we needed some way of being in touch with Dawn. We don't expect an offer to come in on the house, but of course, when you don't expect it, things usually happen. Since one of us is desperate to get rid of the house, I'll keep reiterating that there's no way an offer can come in while we're on vacation. Nope, no stinkin' way. It just can't happen while we're here. Too inconvenient.

(hello! anyone out there?? where are the inconvenient offers when you need one??!)

Anyway, the weather hasn't been too bad--breezy yesterday, a lot of cloudiness and overcastness, only a little rain a few days ago (more expected today). Thankfully, we didn't come to Canada to do a lot of sunbathing. ☺ It would be nice to check out the pool at some point though. I think today's supposed to be crappy and museums are closed, but I'm sure we'll find some way to amuse ourselves.

More later! Maybe I'll NOT delete this post this time....

0 comments: