Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Baby steps

I'm almost done with the stairs. YES, I know it's Tuesday and I vowed to have them done over the weekend, but I just couldn't do any more Sunday than I had done. My fingers were cramped, I was sweaty (it takes effort pulling some of those little buggers out!), and I have bruises all over (I pull and pull, then inevitably slam into something behind me). I will have it done by tomorrow. I did manage to get up those little pieces of wood along the perimeter of the lower entryway, the ones with nails in them to hold the carpet (which had been ripped out). I kept stepping on the nails, so I took a half hour and ripped them all out of the floor. It felt really good to do that.

The mansard roof has yet to be started. The guy that was hired said there were delays with the flooding. I'm hoping it's that and not that he's been out partying hard on two grand of our dough. The rest of the week and weekend are supposed to be sunny and warm, so hopefully this gets done SOON!

I'm looking so forward to this coming weekend! My college friends from Springfield are coming to visit. They come once a year or so, usually for an overnight, and we have a great time eating, shopping, eating, drinking, shopping, and shopping. I love it!! We've been doing this for about 7 years now, I think. It started when I lived in the city, and has continued since then. I think they might be coming for 2 nights this time. SO EXCITING! Paul will cook for us on Sunday, which is always a nice treat. Secretly, I think he likes girls' weekends. He enjoys impressing them with cooking skills (he's already impressed me!). ☺

Countdown: 2 weeks until baby. I know Kate's ready.

It's going to be a scooter-riding week!! FINALLY! It's been since last Thursday! Depressing that fall is on its way, soon to be followed by *ick* winter.

ENJOY THE SUN!

0 comments: