Wednesday, November 12, 2008

IVF news

Well, we've gotten the ball rolling for attempt #3 (or 2, if you're only counting egg retrievals, and that would only be people who work for BCBS). My period is due on Sunday (TMI??). If all goes as planned, I'll call that day to let the doctor know, then he'll start me on a short course of birth control drugs. I'll start the shots on the 22nd (happy birthday Paul!), then be ready for retrieval somewhere around my birthday (happy birthday me!).

The doctor we're seeing does not use 2 of the drugs we've used in the past: Lupron or Menopur. He uses a drug called Cetrocide instead. This is to prevent me from ovulating too early. Googling the name of the drug brings up a lot of message boards with info on the same kind of protocol I'll be doing (or similar ones anyway). Some women say it's successful, some say not so much. Some say it's a better protocol for slow responders.

That would be me.

I still have drugs from the last 2 times around and some of them can be used this time, but most will go to waste. It's a shame, too. Unfortunately, none of them could be used during the downtimes (between IVF trials) to help get pregnant.

In other news, we're having another realtor open house today. I'm not particularly happy with our realtor giving me one day's notice for these, but we managed to get the house in presentable shape. I asked her about having an open house on a weekend, and she said they're not always successful in the fall/winter time but it's possible if it's worked around the Bears games and blah blah blah. I guess we'll just wait until after Feb. We're considering taking the house off the market before the holidays, and putting it back on after the Super Bowl. Either that or we'll offer money back for the closing. SUCKS, but we're desperate. We've been back on the market for about a month now and we've had ONE lousy stinkin' showing.

My online class is SLOWWWWWWWLLLLLYYYYYYYYYY coming along. I hope to get a good push done this weekend--we don't have much planned and I should have a good amount of time to sit and work. I work so well under pressure (like at the last minute), but I'm not yet feeling that pressure. I probably should be, but that won't really happen until around Thanksgiving weekend, right before my deadline. I reeeeeeally don't want to wait until then to get this done. It doesn't help that so far, no one is registered for the class (registrations only been open a week and goes until the end of January, when classes start, so there's plenty of time).

That's the news from here. STAY WARM! Have I ever mentioned how much I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE cold weather? Not sure if anyone knows this about me or not....

0 comments: