Sunday, April 5, 2009

House-hunting

Well, we spent 4 hours hunting for a house today, and saw a lot of really nice ones! We had 2 all-time favorites, both in Batavia. In fact, most of what we've found has been in Batavia. We seem to be able to get a lot more for our money there, plus they have a good school system and it's a nice town overall. The house we really flipped for is priced at the highest end of our budget, even if we get a good deal, so we may have to forgo that one. Realistically, I might not be working much after kids arrive, so that's going to cut our income a bit.

Anyway, we'll take a couple more days to look at others. Dawn was really good about taking us around and giving us her ideas and thoughts. I guess realtors aren't normally supposed to do this, but being that she's family, we appreciate it. She has never discouraged us and has a lot of good advice on everything. Plus, she's really keen on low-balling, which we like!

Everything with the little nubbin(s) is fine so far. It's still so early and I'm trying not to get too excited about anything. Sometimes it's hard though--we both want this SO BAD. I dread the thought of having to restart all those drugs to try again. Next time around, we'll be starting from scratch. Anyway, I've had no morning sickness or anything, but I do find myself eating A LOT and definitely gaining weight. I'm not super happy about that--I know it's expected, but I'm sure it's not expected at the rate I'm going.

We should have more house news by the end of the week! We realized today that we'll be getting a new bedroom set once we move, courtesy of my dad and Beverly (belated wedding present--we turned it down in 2006 since nothing new would fit in our current house!). WOO HOO!

1 comments:

debaumann said...

And the first crib/dresser set for the young'un when the time comes!
Dad