Monday, August 24, 2009

I'm still here!

It's been almost 3 weeks since my last update, but not much has really happened. Thankfully, life is quiet and settling down. School ended for me, and this is the first fall semester in 14 years that I haven't started teaching again (save for the year 2000, when I'd just started in the admissions office at UIC at the end of August, so it was practically like starting a new semester). It's weird to not be teaching, yet at the same time, I feel much less stressed and a whole lot "lighter." Like being on vacation!

Baby's doing fine. We both know the sex now, but I won't divulge as I know I have friends who read this and don't want to know. We're in the process of collecting a TON of stuff that people are handing down to us. It's quite amazing, really! This kid will be well-dressed for the entire first year of his/her life. We're still in need of a changing table--we have a crib (white) and a dresser (wood-colored), so I guess the mismatched theme is IT.

Last week, we had new kitchen appliances delivered. VERY EXCITING! We now have a stainless stove and we'll soon have a stainless-colored fridge. It's not actually stainless, which is nice because it'll be magnetic and will repel fingerprints, however we need to have a copper water line installed because Sears won't install the fridge if there's a plastic line (bastards!). Right now, the new fridge is sitting in the middle of the garage, taunting me with its beauty and majesty. Sickening, really.

That's about it! We have our 3 year anniversary coming up Sept 2nd. Nothing big planned, just a nice dinner out. September is shaping up to be a busy month for us, as is October, November, and well, we all know what's happening in December.

More later!

0 comments: