Monday, November 29, 2010

Jackson's 1st Thanksgiving

Well, Jackson's first Thanksgiving was, um, eventful. Unfortunately, there was a lot of drama within Paul's family that pretty much put a major damper on the day, but the saddest part to me is that this was Jackson's first Thanksgiving, and all that will be remembered about that day will be the storm that hit the house (so to speak). I did get some nice pictures before the ugliness started, so I was able to put together a nice picture collage for Jackson. Thankfully, Jackson won't remember what happened that day. I know I'd like to forget it.

Anyway, I'm hoping all drama stays away from this Saturday's festivities. I'm so excited for Jackson's party! It's not about the presents, but we wanted to do this to celebrate this fantastic little boy who is our miracle. I can't remember what life was like before him, but I do know that it wasn't nearly as exciting (and exhausting!) as it is right now, or that it has been this past year. It's been the best year of my life, and I'm pretty sure Paul would say the same. He is as much in love with this child as I am. Jackson keeps us both looking toward the future and excited about what's to come!

Steve has now entered Loyola hospital and is starting the process for his stem cell transplant. We were lucky to spend Thanksgiving with him (at least until he was whisked away in the drama, but he wasn't part of it!), and we had a nice dinner with him last night. He's in for a VERY tough ride ahead, so please keep him in your thoughts. I don't know what will happen to him down the road, but we're all trying to remain positive. He won't get to spend Christmas with us, but Paul will be spending weekends with him for a couple months (starting in mid-December or so) while he's in isolation (at a Residence Inn type place near the hospital). Jackson won't be able to visit because we're guessing he (J) won't wear a mask like everyone else has to.

More after his party!

0 comments: