Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Merry Christmas!

I can't believe Christmas is a few short days away. We're all ready--have been for quite some time. The kids are getting tougher and tougher to buy for, so I went easy this year--gift cards. I got each of them a small gift to open, plus a couple gift cards. I think they'll be happy with what they get! We didn't get Jackson anything. He's still so young and doesn't really know any different. Seemed kind of silly.

I didn't decorate, except a few things here and there. Outside, we have some lights around the door and our big wreath on the front of the house between the windows. Inside, just the stockings hanging on the fireplace and some Christmas hats on photos on the mantle. Simple. I just didn't have it in me to put up a tree anywhere. No one's coming here for Christmas anyway, and Jackson doesn't know any better.

We'll be spending Christmas eve with my mom, brother, sister, and their families, then Christmas Day with Paul's side. His mom will be spending the day with Steve at the Residence Inn-type place, so she won't be with us, but we'll see his sister and her family, and his dad. Sunday, his dad's coming over to spend time with Jackson. I love when he does this! Jackson enjoys the attention (not that he doesn't get plenty from us).

Jackson went to the doctor for his 1 year visit. He had a couple vaccines, which made him cranky, but he did ok. He weighs 25 lbs. 9 oz. I forget his length, but for weight and length he was in the 80th percentile. His doctor said he looks great! He's doing everything developmentally that he should be. Just a normal kid!

Some of his latest tricks include jumping up and down in his crib (he hit his chin yesterday so he's a little less wild about it), putting together his cup toys (and taking them apart), and going up and down stairs, though we don't do this as much as we should--he's mostly blocked off from the stairs during play time--but we're practicing. He eats pretty much anything put in front of him but I'm starting to notice his interest waning with some foods. I do still feed him a lot--there are some things he eats on his own like scrambled egg and pasta, but mostly I feed him. He'll eat what we eat, which is really nice!

Enjoy the holidays!!

0 comments: