Saturday, January 1, 2011

My Resolutions

I have 3 resolutions this year. Each year, I try to think of a few things I'd like to improve on--realistic things that are obtainable, not the "I'm going to work out everyday" kinds that never happen. Here are my 3:

1) To be more social. That means getting out of the house more! I don't do this enough and start to feel cabin feverish. Even if it means I visit my mom or sister, I'm determined to get out of the house! With Jackson! ☺

2) To make sure Jackson has a fun year! This one basically means I'm going to have more fun with him, instead of being picky about little things. I'm still picky, but I don't want to yell as much (I don't yell too much now, but I really don't want to yell at all this year).

3) To take better care of myself. Even if I do nothing more than get regular pedicures, I need to do this. I'd like to lump in exercise and eating right here, which is why I'm letting it sound so general, but I know I won't do a good job with exercise and eating so if and when I don't do these things, I won't feel guilty for breaking a resolution. Get it?? There really is a logic to my thinking there.

It's a new year, and while it's not starting off on the best note, I'm determined to be more positive about everything. This was Paul's first weekend away (he's spending Friday and Saturday nights with his brother in isolation) and while it hasn't been easy (Jackson's sick and I threw my back out yesterday), I have to make it positive from here on out. That is, if I don't want to be driven nuts. Paul says it's a short drive. Hmmph.

Peace out, 2010. Let's hope for good things in 2011!!!

0 comments: