Monday, August 8, 2011

Down the barrel

We're now looking down the barrel at a transfer this Thursday! I'm nervous, scared, excited, and VERY hormonal all at the same time. And bloated. Let's not forget bloated. I have a quick ultrasound on Wednesday and if all goes well (and it's expected to), we'll be well on our way the next day. Auntie Ria will come watch the little one, and hopefully we can get Grandma to come take over things on Friday so I can keep my ass in the air (by the way, this isn't a requirement, but I did it when Jackson's embryo was implanted and I'm going to stick to my feeble theory!!).

This past weekend was a flurry of activity! We went to Waynee World with Paul's family. It was a fun time, though exhausting with 3 little kids running around. The weather didn't cooperate the whole time, so there was some rain to deal with, but we still had a good time. It's almost impossible NOT to have a good time at Waynee World!

While we were gone, Aunt Cake decided it would be a good time to get herself as sick as she could and admitted to a hospital. HELLO! Thankfully, it was a bad sinus and upper respiratory infection. I don't think any of us could handle another cancer diagnosis in the family.

I went for a meeting today with the Early Intervention people about having Jackson evaluated for his lack of speech. It seems like a great program and I think his evaluation will be in the next couple of weeks. I did learn that there could be some correlation between his lack of speech and his constant need to bite/chew everything he gets his hands on. I wouldn't have put those 2 things together, but I'm definitely eager to learn more!

New words: up, 'bo (elbow, or bib....sadly, this comes from Paul and I always calling his bib a "Bell Bib Devoe",. after the 80's music group Bell Biv Devoe), and help, which sounds an awful lot like up, but Paul swears he hears a distant "l" sound in there.

Keep all fingers crossed for Thursday!!!

0 comments: