Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Start and finish

I've started a half dozen posts in the last 10 days or so, but I can't seem to finish them. Sometimes, I'm lazy and don't want to finish, or I get interrupted. I don't even know if I'll finish this entry...but I'll try.

First and foremost, Jackson is healthy!! His bout with pneumonia was short-lived, thanks to a couple antibiotics and a steroid. He cleared up right after Christmas and has been doing really well ever since. My goal is to keep him that way!

The worst part of it, in my opinion, has been his eating habits. Before he got sick, he ate really well: daily yogurt, cottage cheese, veggies, etc. During his illness, his appetite went down the tubes and he barely ate. I attributed it to him not feeling well, of course, but some nasty habits developed that we've had a very hard time changing back. No more yogurt, no peas or corn, no cottage cheese...the list goes on. He just simply refuses to eat them. I can't force feed him, so now I'm trying to change the landscape of his diet, so to speak. NOT an easy task with a 2 year old. The good news is he still doesn't like mac 'n cheese. This makes me happy.

The holidays were really nice! Christmas eve with my family was successful (the food turned out really well!), and Christmas day with Paul's family was relatively stress-free! Again, the food there was amazing, so we had a couple good meal days.

The start of 2012 was uneventful. Paul and I stayed in and had our traditional surf 'n turf meal, which was good! Played Bananagrams and got a little tipsy, and both of us were out like lights before midnight. It was a good night, and the next day we had the special treat of staying in our jammies all day and being lazy, playing with Jackson (who, oddly, was dressed in regular clothes), and eating yummy leftovers.

Now that we're back to reality, we're going to attempt some things that we've put off so far (hooking up the big TV, etc). I have my resolutions for the year: redo my office (into an office, instead of a "will it ever be a nursery??" room), be more positive, go out on more dates with Paul, and be more creative. This last one will be the most important (and hopefully) fun one for me. I want to do some canvases for Jackson's room (for the next phase, whatever that is), and other ideas I have, mostly art-related. I miss painting and would love to do something really spectacular for our family room, but I'm stalled. The Eiffel Tower's already been done by me. ☺ HAHA! Next...

Oh, look! I finished! Enjoy!

0 comments: