Saturday, May 26, 2012

OH NO!

Jackson's latest trick is smacking himself on the forehead and exclaiming "Oh no!" in a very dramatic fashion.  It kills me every time! 

His language skills are really coming along!  He will try to put 2-3 words together to get his point across.  Tonight, I was making pasta for his dinner, and he wanted to see what I was doing (on the stove).  I showed him once, then he wanted to see again and said, "Tata [pasta] see 'gin [again]?"  He's definitely trying and showing a lot of improvement, but still far from where a lot of kids his age are.  However, I see a number of areas where he excels, so it all balances out, I guess.

This summer should be a lot of fun!  I signed up for the local pool again, and even though it opens at a very inconvenient 12noon, we'll be spending a number of afternoons there (after his nap, which ends between 3-4pm).  I'm excited!  Jackson's really been slightly crazy about water, especially when it comes from the hose.  He's obsessed with the hose and asks to play with it every time we're outside.  We know when he does play with it, everything will be wet, including him!

Last weekend, Paul and I finally assembled the new swing set!  It's a nice wooden one that his dad graciously paid half for (as a birthday/Christmas gift).  We weren't really expecting that (it was a little pricey, which we were totally prepared for), but it was certainly nice of him to do!  Jackson likes the set a lot!

The weather is finally warming up!  Enjoy!

0 comments: