Tuesday, January 22, 2013

POTTY

OMG we're potty training around here, and it kinda sucks.  It consumes me every minute of the day, and I find myself constantly asking Jackson, "Do you have to go potty?"  Most of the time he answers no, but there are those few rare times when he says yes, and my excitement level goes from 0-60 in a nanosecond.

So we run to the potty.  I still have to help him with his pants (the up and the down), but I'll keep doing that as long as he answers yes.

We've been at this less than a week (though he's been peeing on the potty for several months now, just at certain times--first thing in the morning, before nap, after nap, before bed...always followed by a diaper).  He wears special training pants, of which I only have 6 pair, so laundry must be done every 2 days around here. 

Have I ever mentioned how much I hate doing laundry?  The washing and drying parts aren't bad, but it's the folding that I abhor.

Laundry's increased, and while he's just starting to get the peeing thing down, pooping is a no-go.  NOPE.  Tonight, I put him on the potty right after dinner.  He tooted as I was getting him off, and I should have followed my instincts and put him right back on there because sure enough, not 5 minutes after pulling his pants up (and listening to him protest sitting back down), he shat himself.  So I changed his pants, and I asked him at that time if he wanted to go pee again (even though it had only been 15 minutes from the last time he'd gone).  NO NO NO, he didn't.  But you all know where I'm going with this, right?

He peed himself within 5 minutes of me changing his pants.  And because I couldn't take anymore, I put him in a diaper for the next 2 hours (during which we had an open house at his preschool and I didn't feel like dealing with the potty while we were out and about).  Of course, he informed us twice during that outing that he had to go, so I guess undies would have been ok.

I'VE BECOME OBSESSED WITH THIS.  In all truth, I hate it.  I have dreaded doing this for so long, and I'm hating doing it now.  But it's not about me, it's about my sweet little 3 year old boy who's getting to be a little too old to continue wearing diapers.

Wish me luck.

0 comments: