Thursday, October 25, 2007

A departure

Today I worked 9am-7pm at the vet clinic. I got to observe (and help out) the doctor spay a small dog (laproscopically). It was probably the coolest thing I've ever gotten to do!! If anyone had told me a year ago that I'd be doing this sort of work, I would never have believed it (I said the same thing about going to Japan 10 years ago). My job at the vet clinic is so different from anything I've ever done. I mean, I teach French for a living! I sell hot dogs during the summer months! HELLO!?! It was absolutely amazing. It was also very difficult work--my friend Angie said tonight that maybe one day, I'll want to change careers. Frankly, I like my assistant title--I don't need to be a big wig in this type of business. I'm more than happy to take a back seat to the real pros.

My mom is doing so much better!! She goes twice a day to therapy (physical and occupational) to learn how to do old things in a new way. She got her release date--Tuesday October 30th. We'll be waiting for delivery of her new leather recliner this weekend (where she'll spend the majority of her time, even time sleeping at night). I think she's excited to go home, though the place she's at has definitely been nice! The people are nice and being a newer facility, things are clean and run smoothly. It's still going to be a few months before she can get back to work. Heck of a way to take a vacation!

Time for bed. Bonne nuit!

0 comments: