Tuesday, October 23, 2007

A new week

It's the start of a new week, and a new way of thinking about things. I've decided this today. :) I'm going to call a new fertility doctor that Paul researched and hopefully we can get in to see him soon. If treatments can't be done in the month of December, we'll hold off until March (when I'm finished teaching MWF). This is our last shot--I can't do this more than one more time, but if it doesn't work, who knows--I may consider one more after that (especially if I'm not in heavy work mode). IVF isn't difficult, but it's keeping up with all the monitoring appointments, drugs, shots, and everything else that makes it exhausting. I had more stress worrying about getting to my 8am class on time than anything else. Not having that might make it more tolerable.

My mom is doing so much better! Considering all of her injuries, she's doing pretty well for herself. She's in a new rehab facility (nursing home) in Aurora, which is quite nice. She keeps talking about going home soon, but her mind changes all the time about this. I go by to see her and run errands for her as much as I can, however she's starting to expect a little more from us that we're able to provide for her. Maybe she's gotten spoiled by having us around more than usual. We all want to help out but we still have to work and get on with our lives, and taking whatever little free time we have to spend on her can be taxing at times. We'll see how the next few weeks (or month) go.

I'm trying hard to keep up with grading and school-related work, all the while working at the vet clinic. My normal hours amount to about 10 hours a week (Tues and Thurs only), but this week, I worked Sunday at the open house, and on Thursday I'll work a long day from 9am-7pm. I'm kind of hoping this is a one-shot deal and that I can get back to a normal schedule next week. I feel so overwhelmed with everything right now. Thankfully, there are only 4 weeks left of the MWF class! I'll have a little breathing time after that.

Hope everyone is doing well!

0 comments: