Thursday, November 8, 2007

So have I mentioned...

...how much I dislike stories about so-and-so who tried so hard to get pregnant using IVF and one day they magically found themselves pregnant on their own?

Or when people tell us the trick to getting pregnant is just to relax (or "stop trying") and it'll just happen?

News flash: it's not that easy. It may happen once in a while to some random couple out there, but it's not going to happen that way for us. It's not going to happen by us trying and trying with fertility drug shots, pills, patches, etc. only to fail, then one day having sex and BOOM! We're pregnant. Or wait...we try and try, fail with IVF, and just decide to not think about it during sex and BOOM! We're pregnant.

The reality is, we always think about it (or, at least, I do). There's never a time that we have sex and I DON'T think about it. That's just not possible, unless of course, I'm hopped up on 4-5 of those vodka/peppermint schnapps drinks and the world is spinning and things are blurry and, Oh hey! What's that thing you're putting me?! Yeah, that's the only way that's going to happen.

It's not possible to just turn off the thinking part of it all. It's always there, looming over us like a dark cloud....the wondering, the possibility of could this be the time? Frankly, I resent people telling me stories of someone they knew who got pregnant on their own after years of trying fertility treatments, or that not thinking about it will somehow make me magically pregnant.

Thanks for reading.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen, sistah.