Sunday, January 6, 2008

HNY

Happy New Year!

So far, 2008 is shaping up to be pretty good. Obama wins in Iowa with Hillary right behind him. I'll take either one...in fact, anyone other than what's living in the WH now. Just my political opinion.

I started school this past Wednesday. It hasn't been a tough start--a few of the rotten eggs I had last term are gone. There have been a few glitches (the bookstore didn't order any new books for the new students, so about 10 of them are struggling to find something while they wait a week for theirs). This is just one reason why I detest school bookstores. I absolutely HATE how they extort hundreds of dollars from students. Does anyone know what the markup on these books really is? I encourage my students to go online and find them. Probably not what I'm "supposed" to do, but I've been there. It's sucks to have to pay $150 for a book. NCC bookstore won't buy back French ones at the end because they're initially bundled with a code to get to the online workbook (which is actually a separate entity from the book). The students use the code and it can't be used again, so they say the book is useless, despite the fact the code can be bought online. It just sucks.

Onto other things. Paul and I are trying to get the house ready to go on the market. Our target date was Feb. 1, but it's pretty evident to us both that it's going to be a bit later than that. I'm trying to get him to commit to one day each weekend to devote to getting it ready. That in itself is a nearly impossible task. We have quite a list of things--nothing too difficult, mostly packing stuff up and getting it into storage. Quite a bit of painting and touch-ups, which will take more time. And we really need to get someone in here to help tell us what needs to go, what needs to be moved around, and what's acceptable in each room. We had a 30 minute discussion yesterday on how to arrange the living room. It wasn't fun.

IVF will start again in March (possibly late Feb). It won't be so bad doing the shots, pills, patches, etc. this time around--having been through it once already, we know what to expect, plus not being in school, I'll have more time to go to appointments. That alone will make it tons easier. I'll still be working at the vet clinic, but if I'm a few minutes late or need an hour to take care of something, it won't be a big deal. BTW, I still really like working there. I'm learning so much and really enjoy the people with whom I work.

I hope everyone has a happy and prosperous 2008!!

0 comments: