Friday, February 22, 2008

I smell FREEDOM!!!

THREE WEEKS from now, I will be a free woman. March 12th is the date of my last final at NCC. I haven't been this excited about anything in a while. :) WOO HOO! This will probably be the longest 2 weeks of classes (the last 2 full ones, then 2 days of final exams). Things have actually gone really well this term! I'm glad about that, but I definitely don't want to go back there after this.

We're well on our way to getting this house in order. This weekend will be a big push to finish packing (at least for me, anyway). I still have a lot to do in the basement, but we now have all the extra furniture out. It actually looks like a "normal" house should. But I still miss my STUFF. Thankfully, I haven't really run into needing something, only to find I'd packed it away, and having to go out and buy it again.

MariaElena (Paul's sister) is doing ok. She had her lump removed almost 2 weeks ago and went back earlier this week for results, but didn't get much from the doctor. It does, however, look like they got the ENTIRE cancerous lump out of the boob. She'll still have to do chemo and radiation, but we're not really sure how much or how often just yet. Or when, for that matter. It's all a waiting game, and one that I think is driving Paul nuts. He's really taking this hard--he and his sister are very close. He doesn't let it show that often, but it's eating at him.

Everyone else is doing well. My cousin, Kim (she was in our wedding party), is getting married June 13th, and her brother, Greg (who was an usher in our wedding) is getting married May 10th. We're all so excited for them both!! Her wedding will be at the Shedd Aquarium--my mom, of course, is planning it and couldn't be happier! She didn't really do anything for my wedding (my choice, not hers, but there wasn't much for her to do since the Riverside did it all), so this is her chance to do the wedding of her dreams (hahaha) for her favorite cousin/niece. It should be a BLAST!!! We've waited long enough for it! TEE HEE!

Work is going well, even for Paul, so things are calm and quiet in the house right now. It's rather nice. The cat is about to be shipped off to Paul's mom's while we have the house on the market. Paul will miss her greatly (I will, too, but she's more his cat than mine). I'm sure Bailey will miss her presence as well.

That's about it from here. It's still too cold for my liking, but I'm hoping that right around the time I get sprung from the joint (NCC), it'll be about the time to get my scooter warmed up for summer. I got a new part for it (I'll post a picture when I get it installed), and I still have to fix the dent I made last summer (long story). It's going to be soooooooo cool though!

A bientôt!!

0 comments: