Thursday, February 14, 2008

VD

Well, it's Valentine's Day. I got to work this afternoon and my wonderful husband had flowers delivered to me. It was sweet, but I wish he wouldn't do that ON Valentine's Day when it's $100 more for a delivery. Thankfully, they weren't all roses, though there were 5 nice looking ones in there. It's beautiful! Then I came home to find a container of flying saucers!! I love these things! Not sure what they are? Here's a picture:


These are hard to describe but I'll give it a shot. It's like 2 communion wafers sealed together around the edges. On the inside are tiny candy beads. I don't know why they're called flying saucers. They taste a little like sweet cardboard, but I still love them. On one of our earlier dates, I was on a mission to find these. I ended up at Naper Nuts & Sweets (a small candy store in downtown Naperville...and those who have known me forever know that I spent 4 years working there between HS and early college). Anyway, since then, he's ordered me this bundle of them every year for VD. It's a tradition now. I don't mind it.


So, overall, despite only seeing my husband for about 30 minutes this morning (he's bowling right now and won't get home until after 11pm), it was a good VD!


On another front, I spoke to the fertility clinic today. We're putting off our IVF another month. I'll be starting the drugs next month (mid-March), then we'll have the procedures in April. If all goes well, I'll be hugely pregnant at my 40th birthday party. :) We had toyed with starting this month, but that would mean NOW, and life is way too hectic at the moment for drugs to get in the mix.


We're making the big push this weekend to clear the house of all possessions except the basics. OMG, living like a minimalist is SO not like us. But we'll do it. For those who are wondering, we're hoping to stay in this area (St. Charles, Geneva, possibly Batavia) but find a much bigger house. The market is horrible, but we've gotten some good advice along the way so we're trying to remain positive. Paul won't consider looking until ours is sold, so I'm hoping that's within 6 months. I'm trying to be optimistic.


Happy Valentine's Day to anyone reading this!

0 comments: