Wednesday, March 12, 2008

AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Yes, it's true. I'm DONE DONE and DONE teaching at NCC!! I still have papers to grade, but that's minor. I'm so stinkin' excited I can't stand it. It felt sooooooooooo good to walk out of there today! I just can't believe these last 10 weeks are finished.

No sooner had I gotten out of school when we had an appointment with the fertility doctor to discuss what's coming up. If all goes as scheduled (i.e. Aunt Flo arrives tomorrow), I'll start on the pill in a week or so. The heavy drugs start at the beginning of April, then the transfer will be sometime in mid-April. Hopefully, this will go smoothly because I have a lot of showers, weddings, and birthday parties to attend in April, May, and June! Any change to the schedule could mess something up. The plan this time around is much different than the first time I did this (besides being at a whole new facility!). In a nutshell, I'll be on some drugs for a significantly shorter amount of time (those would be the ones that suppress everything), and other drugs FULL BLAST (those would be the ones that stimulate everything). They are maxxing me out on one of them. Pretty scary stuff. One that I did before (the coochie progesterone) will now be a shot in the butt, which doesn't thrill me. Paul better not pull a Rob and hit me in the sciatica.

The meeting went well overall and everyone seems very positive. I don't think I'm either positive or negative, just more realistic. I don't know if this will work--I'd like to think it would and, of course, I'll be ecstatic if it does, but honestly, I won't be surprised one bit if it doesn't. I'm not really expecting it to, given our horribly low odds for success. I'll be pleasantly surprised if it does though!

Gotta go grade something now. WOO HOO! Ugh, it feels so good to be done with that place!!




B.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on being finished with school! And also for having a fertility plan. The butt shots are a piece of cake compared to the suppositories. You'll be FIIIINNNNEEE.

Kate