Monday, March 31, 2008

Happy (?) April

I'm so sick of this weather I could spit. Today, it's pouring down rain and the weather people said it was supposed to get up to 60 today. I don't mind rain (when it's warm), but don't tell me at 7am that it's going to be 60 when it's barely 40. This weather sucks.

Tonight is my last birth control pill. Yippee! They're not that bad, but they do make me a little sick to my stomach. I've been taking them at night before bed, but the effects still wear on through the day. I get hungry, then can't really eat much. That's not to say I haven't eaten! Make no mistake...my sweet-tooth is very much intact.

Thursday, I start taking Lupron. This time around, it's a micro-dose that I take for 10 days, but instead of waiting 2 weeks to start the other drugs (like I did last time), I'll start them on day TWO. That's quite a change, but a welcome one. I can't believe we only have a couple more weeks of this before an embryo transfer (provided I produce enough eggs). If anyone remembers the first time around, there was some controversy over whether to transfer the embryos 3 days after the harvest or 5 days after. Paul and I didn't even realize what an issue this was until we were faced with it, but there's a lot of talk out there about the pros and cons to each. We had ours at day 3 the first time but this time around, they'll wait until day 5. If we have embryos survive to that day, we have a better chance of them actually sticking around a while. But the risk in waiting is that they may not make it. We grappled with this the first time but this time, I'll take the risk.

Bailey (the dog) is having some sort of issue. Yesterday, we were visiting the Hall family when she suddenly had a seizure. It wasn't a big, dramatic-filled one where she flopped around, but it was remarkable enough that it scared the shit out of me. She was shaking and couldn't stand or walk, and her jaw was clamped shut (or so it seemed...we didn't try to open it, but it just looked stiff). The whole incident lasted less than 10 minutes and afterwards, she was as good as new. I'm worried now that there have possibly been more of these that we just haven't seen, which is entirely too possible. You can bet I'll be keeping a sharper eye on her now. I'll take her with me to work tomorrow to watch her (and have Dr. Lisa take a gander).

The house has been on the market for a week now (we finally have a sign!!). There have been ZERO calls though. I didn't really expect any, but it's still a little disappointing. We're having the carpets cleaned this week, then a maid service in next week to do a thorough cleaning. Our first open house will be April 13th. We'll probably have more after that (on our own, since Dawn lives too far to do them often). I have been spotting some on the internet that look interesting as well, but we're not going to buy anything until ours is sold. In fact, we're not planning much of anything until ours is sold (no vacation, nothing like that).

That's the latest. I'm off to school to get ready for class tonight. Enjoy this pitiful excuse for spring. I hope the weather is better in other parts of the world! (I say that like there might actually be people reading this who either aren't related to me or who live outside the Chicago suburbs....). :)

0 comments: