Thursday, April 3, 2008

Vespaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh

WOO HOO! Yes, I have finally dusted off the scooter from a way-too-long winter. I rode it to work yesterday afternoon and it felt so good to be back on it!! This weekend is supposed to be (I'm sure I'm jinxing something here...) warmer and sunny, and you can bet your bippy I'll be out riding around. Can't wait for that!!

In other good news, my bowling team (Oh! So Close!) made history last night by winning a first place title for 2 years in a row. We still have another week to bowl, but we're so far ahead of everyone that we managed to put ourselves in 1st place even before the end of the season (not to mention...there was one team who could have won it all, but for yet-unknown reasons, quit as of last week). SO AWESOME!! I'm a piss-poor bowler (avg. this year is 116, up from last year's 107), but it's those wonderful handicap numbers that pull us out ahead each time. My bowling teammates are so great! We have such a good time each week! This means another 1st place PATCH! For me, it's all about the patches. Poor Paul--he's been bowling for 15 years, has an average in the 180's or 190's, and has only once ended a season in 1st place. He's perplexed as to how I end up on a team that gets it 2 years in a row (after just 2 years of bowling!). Girl bowlers are sooooo much different from boy bowlers, and it's not just the size of their balls. :)

Today was the start of the shots. This morning, I had Lupron, which will be twice a day for about the next 10 days. Saturday, I start Gonal-F and Menopur, also both twice a day until my egg retrieval. It'll be a bit of a juggle trying to get all the shots done 12 hours apart, especially while I'm in class and bowling, but thankfully, I think I only have to deal with this a couple times. I'll just have to carry a cooler around with me everywhere.

Enjoy the warmer temps!!

0 comments: