Monday, June 30, 2008

Kooza

We had a fun-filled weekend! Saturday, Paul and I went to see Cirque du Soleil (Kooza) at the United Center. Paul has seen many of these; I've seen one before. It was a great show! We went to dinner afterwards (using some gift cards from his sister). Overall, a nice date night with the husband!


Sunday, we went to a combined birthday party at the Hall house. It's always so nice to have all the kids together! Here's the best picture of the day:


Such beautiful children!! And I'm not just saying that because I'm the proud Aunt Becky. ☺ Seeing Robert and Charlotte together is so cute--he loves babies and little kids and is SO GOOD with her, and it's obvious how crazy she is about him.

We still haven't had any calls on the house. I've been watching some of the others in the neighborhood, and many are selling. I'm not sure why ours isn't, but I can tell you it's incredibly frustrating to see homes that are not that much different from ours selling for more $$. I just don't know what to do anymore. How do I market this place? We've cleaned it, emptied it, and fixed it up, but still nothing. We haven't had a showing in weeks. I may just start hosting open houses myself on Sundays. I don't know what else to do.

This week will be an easier one for me. My evening tutoring will end after tonight (the couple is moving to Belgium next week), so that will free up some time. The vet clinic will close early on Thursday, so I have the day off (depending on the weather, I may spend the day at my friend Peggy's pool). YAY! I do have to work Saturday though.

Paul is spending today at his sister's. She has chemo this morning/afternoon, so he's staying with the kids all day. It'll be good for him to do this--he's been so worried and stressed out about her. I still have to work today, so he's on his own. He hasn't done this before (spent an entire day with the kids) so it'll be interesting to see how it works for him. He's AMAZING with kids but this could be a challenge for him.

Let's hope the sun stays out all week!

0 comments: