Thursday, June 26, 2008

Smelly smell

Yesterday, I spent an hour reading t-shirts on this site. It's a collection of photos that people send in (mostly) from Japan of the "English" they find on things. It's HYSTERICAL! The sad part is, they're all accurate. Those of you who have heard my Vigorous Throw-Up story know what I mean. It's amazing that people will wear something just because it has English wording on it. I suppose, though, that we're no better with the kanji characters I see on things. Change one of those itty bitty lines and you could end up with a completely different word. We could be as ridiculous as what's found across the pond. Here are some examples....


Oh, how I miss Japan!

The last few days, I've really been missing my STUFF. The stuff in storage that, for whatever stupid reason, I didn't think I'd really need at any point. And now, I'm finding that I do. Like a glue gun. Very handy when doing crafts, costs a few dollars at Hobby Lobby....I have 2 that I packed. I swore I wouldn't go out and buy anything that I have in storage, so last night I ended up doing a craft project with wood glue, the only thing left in the closet. Gluing ribbon to plastic with wood glue...it just DOESN'T WORK. I want my stuff back!!! I WANT IT ALL BACK! I'm tired of living here.

It annoys me that we lowered the price of this house more than a week ago and haven't had a single call about it. What does one do to advertise a house?? I have it on the MLS, realtor.com, zillow.com, kijiji.com, and occasionally on craigslist. Still, no nibbles. I don't know what else to do. I'm seriously losing patience quickly and those of you who know me well know that I usually have little of that to spare. I want so badly to move from here, I can taste it. Paul announced last night that, in his research of schools systems in Kane county, he found that Batavia has a pretty good system! I really like Batavia (that's where the dream house is located) so I'm happy to think we might end up there. Why? For one, it's closer to the highway--this means more to me than to Paul. Second, it's closer to Oswego. Someday, if we have kids, my sister will be the one babysitting and this will make the trip much shorter! Of course, Batavia is WAY farther from the vet clinic, but WAY closer to Waubonsee.

Fertility doctor appointment for next Monday has been changed to July 7th (to accomodate Paul, who's spending all day next Monday with his sister, who has chemo). The second is July 9th, so that will be a week of either major disappointment or sheer elation. It will end with a lot of happiness anyway because we'll be at Waynee World that weekend for the annual Baumann (etc.) weekend up there. Looking very forward to that!!

It rained yesterday and more is expected today. I did sneak in a scooter ride yesterday afternoon, which was nice, but I think I'm driving the car to work today. OOOH! I see sun!!

FEEL ENJOY!

0 comments: