Thursday, June 5, 2008

Rain, rain, go away

How's a girl supposed to ride her cool scooter with all this damn rain? Just ain't right.

Thanks to all who have made donations to NF. Since my last mention of it, I got 2 more (Kate and my dad). So far, Team Whittenhall is in 6th place for donations with just over $2400. I'm still a little away from my goal, but there are still 3 days left. It's NOT TOO LATE!! :) Just click on the link to the right and make your donation. Fast, easy, and a GREAT cause. And it's tax-deductible.

Yesterday afternoon and evening, Paul and I took some time to go through houses online. We're just looking (not yet buying) and this Sunday, we'll be going out to actually see some, just to get an idea of what's out there. It's exciting!! I actually did quite a bit of research this past weekend and made a nice list of houses that I liked. Thankfully, Paul and I have similar tastes when it comes to this sort of thing and he was in agreement with a lot that I'd picked out. We've had very little action in our house this past week, which is disappointing. I knew this process would take time...I'm just impatient.

I might have another tutoring job. The company for whom I work contacted me a couple days ago about a Korean woman who lives in Naperville (needs ESL). She requested lessons on T-TH mornings, which I can't do, so I'm waiting to hear back if she'll switch to M-W mornings. That would work out well for me. She's only approved for 60 hours but with both my other tutoring gigs ending in July, this might take me through to the end of summer. And what's one more job?? Shoot, that'll put me up to 4 (and STILL not working 40 hours!). Tee hee!

Hasta luego!

0 comments: