Monday, June 9, 2008

Something's up...

UGH!! I started typing and got a good couple paragraphs into this entry, then lost it all (don't ask). Bummer, dude. I'm just glad I got into it--my computer's been wacky lately and wasn't letting me in, but I managed to find some top-secret backdoor way in (that I'll likely never find again!). Not sure what I did, but I'm here, so I'll try to make it worth my while.

We went house hunting yesterday. It was a lot of fun! I enjoy seeing other peoples houses. :) This was simply a fact-finding mission--no buying yet, until we sell ours. We started in St. Charles but there were only a couple on the list here, then the rest were in Batavia. WOW! We found a couple interesting houses there (I'm sure there are tons more we haven't seen yet) and fell in love with one. It was on the northern side, near the border of Geneva, and it was PERFECT. Everything about it impressed us--the inside, the outside, the neighborhood...all of it. It's only been on the market a couple of days and I have no doubt it'll sell quickly. I'll be sad when it does (if it's not us buying it!!). Because of our 3.5 combined mortgages, we're not really in a position to add one more. So we wait.

Our house hasn't had any nibbles. It's been a week or so since the last showing. I'm not really feeling very good about this right now. Paul and I talked a little about staying here and expanding it (going up, possibly going back), but I think there are too many things we'd want done for it to be humanly possible. We're on the edge of lowering the price, but I hate to do that--I think it's already low enough, however that seems to be the advice we're getting from everyone. So...we wait.

In the meantime, we're still plugging away here. I did get another tutoring job, so I'll start that next week (it'll be Mondays and Wednesdays from 10-12 in Naperville--a bit of a ride, but if I can ride the scooter, it's worth it!). The really stinky part is, there will be a couple weeks overlapping where I'm driving to Naperville twice a day, morning and evening, for tutoring. This doesn't excite me, but the money's pretty good and again, if I can ride the scooter in the morning, that'll make the entire experience better. Both jobs are within a couple miles of each other, but still a good 35-40 minute drive from home. Worth it?? We'll see.

Happy Birthday (Wed) to my dad! And CONGRATS to my Godson, J'Mal, on graduating HS yesterday. I can't believe he's 18 (soon to be 19) and headed to EIU in the fall. What happened to the little 2 lb. 1/2 oz. baby born way too early???

And this weekend is my cousin Kim's wedding! YAY! I'm SO EXCITED!!! I get to be a guest photographer (haha) and I couldn't be more excited to do that. Look for the pictures next week on my photo site (link is on the right).

0 comments: