Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Better

I'm feeling better since my last (depressing!) post. That's not to say I'm not angry, but I'm handling better, I guess. This is the hardest issue we'll have in our marriage and, unfortunately, it won't just go away. One of us will walk away from this unsatisfied. I hate like hell that it's me.

School started last night. It was a good class! There are 15 in there (18 signed up, but I'm not sure where the other 3 were). One student is a repeat from last year--she took 101 with me and wanted to continue in 102, but couldn't because of family issues. She decided to repeat 101 instead of trying to tackle 102 next semester. I can't say I blame her. Taking it, then skipping 2 semesters before taking it again, would be really hard. One guy stayed after class to tell me that this was his 2nd time in 101. He took it last year with the other man who teaches it (the one who's 100 years old, or close to it), but he said the old guy was so bad that the dean ended up refunding money to several students by the end of the semester. I was pretty shocked when I heard that, and I have to wonder how much longer they're going to let this go on. I had heard negative things about him before, so this isn't new. He's been there for 10 years and teaches nothing but 101. That alone should be a HUGE red flag. I'm not just saying this because I'm angling for his job. He really is bad. Anyway, class went really well, so hopefully I can keep all 15 of them in there!

We had a nice weekend at Waynee World with the Kaschers. Sad to think that's my last weekend there this year. Last year, we went once in the fall, which was nice, but definitely NOT the same.
New in house news: we have a new realtor. Her name is Lise (pron. Lisa) and she's VERY nice. She sent a stager our way yesterday. This woman spent 3 hours combing through our house, looking in every corner and giving us TONS of advice. Basically, it boils down to 3 things: carpet, paint on walls, and the exterior. We were surprised by a few things she said, but not by the majority. Now, it's a matter of us getting these things done and putting the house back on the market. Goal: 2 weeks. Reality: 3-4 weeks. Hope: next week. ☺ We're now in the process of finding people to do the work we need done. We have a few ideas, but we want it done QUICK, which might be tricky. For the record, we will be using Dawn to help us buy a house, which might be more fun for her anyway.

So that's the latest. I have a day off tomorrow (my Korean student cancelled on me) so I'll have a day to get stuff done (before bowling tomorrow night)! YAY!

Enjoy the rest of the week!!

0 comments: