Friday, August 15, 2008

Early

It's early morning and I'm mostly awake. Bailey is doing better, but was up barking at 3:30 this morning. She's been soaking her cage at night (and during the day when she's in it). I feel so bad for her. You can tell she hates doing it--it's definitely not in her nature. I didn't give her the muscle relaxers last night because she seemed so much better, but I probably should have. She spent a lot of time in the cage yesterday (I didn't take her to work with me). It seems when she's in there, she comes out in a better mood and appears to be so much better. When she sleeps on the floor next to us by the couch or in the office, she doesn't feel as well, so we try to keep her in there as much as possible. She sleeps on a bed in her cage, and I think this helps her somehow. Anyway, she's on strict cage rest, so it's better for her in the long run.

Paul and I are doing ok. We have to decide on an IVF protocol by the time my period starts (should be next Wed). I did some research online the other day, and from what I found, it's a crap-shoot at this point. I don't think there's one protocol that's better than the others, so we just have to decide which doctor we want to go with. So far, I think I'm with the last one. Can't explain why exactly. We still have one more appt today (yes, another!) to see what this guy has to say. It seems that every time we meet with one, we like him better than the one before. This next one's in Oakbrook, and I doubt we'd choose him simply because of the distance I'd have to travel for testing, but we'd like to hear what he has to say about what the other's have said.

This weekend should be nice. We're spending the day with the Halls tomorrow (HAPPY 10th ANNIVERSARY, KATE AND ROB!), then Sunday, we're hosting the family I have tutored (I actually still tutor the husband, Benoît, and have for almost 2 years...I tutored his wife for the first 9 months or so). They're moving back to France at the end of the month and we wanted to see them to say good-bye. They're really nice people and as much as I'll miss my Wednesday afternoons with Benoît, I'm kind of looking forward to having that time back. ☺

No news on the house yet. I think we'll be taking it off the market soon and tearing up the inside--new flooring throughout, painted walls, possibly new siding or roof. I'm sick of this place being on the market and not moving. I know it's a slow market, but houses have to be PERFECT, and ours definitely isn't. We may be looking at another agent as well, but that's still undecided.

Enjoy the scooter-riding weather! Should be a nice weekend!

0 comments: