Saturday, September 27, 2008

Back...to work

We are in the midst of finishing up around here! The outside painting areas have been primed and will be painted tomorrow. We figured out how to get the corners of the mansard brown--Menards sells these bent aluminum pieces that will fit over them (we'll have to figure out how to attach the pieces...they bend easily and could probably be nailed in, but I'm not sure if I like the idea of poking holes in the new siding...).

Last night, we went to a Sox game (they lost). It was a lot of fun--probably the best part was seeing my cousin Kim, who I haven't seen since her wedding in June! I only caught up with her for about 5 minutes. The Sox played horribly, so we left a little early from the game.

I woke up this morning and *POOF* my back went out! Yup, just walked out the door and left me sitting there. I'm not sure if from sitting on those hard seats at the game, or sleeping, or breathing, or just being. My back has hurt me since 1988. I've always been able to keep it in check, but I've always felt something. Some amount of discomfort or pain. ALWAYS. I've had acupuncture, chiropractic adjustments, electro-stimulation, hot packs, cold packs, muscle relaxers, pain killers, thousands of dollars in OTC drugs....just about everything available. My next venture: physical therapy. My doctor swears this will help. I don't know...nothing has ever really helped it permanently. It doesn't matter what my weight is or what the weather's like or what time of the day it is. It hurts. I'm sure all the work we've done around here (the stairs in particular) and the fact I'm sitting on the floor on my computer (sucks, since I have an online class to put together in the next few weeks, all on the computer!!) haven't helped the problem.

As a result of the back problems, the stairs are on hold. I have such a hard time sitting on the hard floor, leaning over trying to do work, or sitting on one step and twisting around to the step behind me to fill in holes or pull staples. I've tried doing some work today--very little, but enough to keep the heavy guilt at bay--but I really shouldn't be.

So this was a long post about nothing. Hope you enjoyed!

1 comments:

Axxman said...

Try the Nail Jack for staples!

www.nailjack.com