Monday, September 29, 2008

2 Weeks

The next 2 weeks are going to be nutsy-coocoo! I have the online class to organize (I meet with the guy on the 13th to discuss how far I've gotten, which so far, is nowhere). We HAVE to finish putting this house together (it's getting there). I start PT for my back. We have a baptism, HS reunion, homecoming, babysitting, and a play to attend the next 2 weekends. Plus all the "normal" stuff--work, teaching, and bowling.

This weekend, I spent more time laying on the heating pad on the couch than getting any work done. Disappointing, to say the least. I really, REALLY wanted to finish the stairs. Last night, despite the bad back, I sat for 2 hours on the stairs filling in holes and sanding. I figured once I was down there, I wasn't getting up until I felt I'd accomplished something. Needless to say, getting out of bed this morning was a struggle. I'm going to call the chiropractor and make an appt for the earliest possible time. While the adjustments won't do me a lot of good, the electo-therapy will. He has loaned me (in the past) a take-home unit to use while I'm here, and that helped tremendously!! I'm hoping to check that out for a week or so.

The majority of the outside painting has been done. I still need to do the front door and screen door. We decided against replacing the screen door because Paul is afraid that the wood underneath the frame of the door will be in bad shape. I don't know what it looks like (hard to tell) but I'm ok with not replacing it or taking it off altogether. We don't need to sink anymore $$ into this place.

We did have fun Saturday night at my friend Peggy's. We were invited to join her, her husband Gary, and other friends Judi and Roger. Judi, Peggy, and I are all on the same bowling team. We had an AWESOME dinner, then played Phase 10 (boys against girls...girls won!). It was a very, VERY much-needed break from all the housework. I had almost cancelled going because of my back, but Paul and I had a tense morning and I knew he needed a break as much as I did. It was just what we both needed!

That's it. Boring weekend, boring blog entry.

0 comments: