Saturday, September 6, 2008

A new week

We did it! Today, we hired a painter to do the walls, a guy to side the mansard roof, and a carpet company for the carpets. All the work will be done next week (Tuesday thru Friday) so hopefully by next weekend, we'll be ready to go back on the market!

Funny story about the carpet...
We had a carpet guy come in to do an estimate earlier this week. He was recommended to us by the stager and he seemed like a nice person, so we were all set to go with him. I was told by a few people to get a second estimate (some thought the first guy's was too high at $1300 for the carpet), so we called Luna. They sent a guy out who, after measuring and figuring in the 2-rooms-for-1 special, quoted us a whopping $2400. Now, the carpet was nice, not the best quality (but we don't really care about that), but SHIT that was high! We were about to send him on his way when he all but begged us to let him submit another quote (they do price matching). He looked at the first estimate we had, which showed the $1300 price clearly marked. He said he could submit $1100 to his sales manager for approval, if we wanted. We're not stupid, so we said ok, he could try that. Sure enough, within 5 minutes, it gets approved! That's more than 1/2 what the guy originally quoted us.

The moral of this story is, the next time you need carpet and call Luna, be sure to have a rock bottom carpet estimate already in hand so they see that and give you a lower price.

The painter we hired is a client of the vet clinic where I work. His price was superb, so we hired him on the spot. SUPER nice guy, too! He'll paint either Tuesday or Wednesday, then Luna will come out Friday to do carpets. The mansard guy will be here at some point next week to do the roof and siding on the front of the house. We had to juggle the paint and carpet guys, but the mansard guy can come whenever.

VERY exciting!! I'm more excited to get this place back out there and SOLD SOLD SOLD!! I miss my stuff, I miss my cat (so much!), I want my sewing machine back, I want a desk to sit at (currently, I'm sitting on a big pillow on the floor using a laptop...it's really, really uncomfortable). I WANT SPACE!!

That's it from here. I'll update the house blog as the work is in progress, then put a whole new listing on there with all new photos. Sounds easy, but it takes a good day to get all those photos lined up just right. It's really tricky, but it'll look so good when I'm finished!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend! Today turned out to be so beautiful!

0 comments: