Saturday, October 18, 2008

Deep. Rest.

I've been bummed out lately. I have so much work to do on this online course, but still so many questions. There's a man at school who's helping with the online courses, and I've gone to him a couple times, but I guess I just feel so overwhelmed with everything that all of it is so confusing to me. I just can't get motivated to do anything. This HAS to be my focus for the next 6 weeks (due date: DEC 1st!). Combine this with another IVF trial (starting mid-November), Thanksgiving, and all the other events before that time (being a Iacopetti, every flipping weekend until that time is now booked), and I'm about to lose my mind.


The house has been on the market for almost a week. It looks soooo good. We had a realtor tour day on Wednesday. EIGHT realtors showed up!! It was great! They each filled out a survey that asked them the high/low points of the house. They all said it was clean (a big fist-pumping YES!) and the decor and everything looked good. The majority of them all had the same criticism: it's too small. Well, there's not much I can do about that. Frankly, the house would be perfect for a first-time buyer, or even an older couple looking to downsize. It's not really meant for a family (maybe a really small family). SO...now we wait. Our plan is to not really have a plan, meaning we're going to keep it on the market at the price it's at and just see what happens. If nothing happens, well, we'll just have to wait longer. Sucks, but the market is beyond bad at this point. I have hope that after November 4th, maybe things will look up.

Speaking of the 4th, I can't believe how happy I was to hear that Colin Powell is endorsing Barack Obama. Everyone who knows me knows that I'm NOT into politics. Never had any interest and always said I'd never be interested in voting unless a black man or a woman was running. Well, this is my year. I'm tired of stodgy old white men in office. I was a Hilary supporter (still consider myself to be), but I do like Obama. Had Colin Powell run a few years ago, I probably would have voted for him. Bush (I hate even typing those letters together) has been deplorable. While McCain isn't the worst candidate, I think he's way too old and the thought of Palin in office...well, as someone said today, "I wouldn't want her as president of our school lunch program." I don't consider myself to take one position over another (though I do tend to pick the D side over the R). I'll vote for the person I see doing the best job. Right now, I see that person as Barack Obama. So there...my political opinion. I realize it's semi-taboo to discuss these issues, but tough shit. It's my bloggy and I'll cry if I want to.

We had our 1 year anniversary open house at the vet clinic today. It was actually a lot of fun!! I was there from about 10am -5pm (unpaid). We had an open house last year but we were so new then. I didn't know anyone or anything, but this year was so different. We've spent the last year getting into a groove and finding what it is we're all good at. My thing is the computer (not surprising). I've been doing a lot of the marketing brochures, posters, signs, ads, and displays. It's actually SO MUCH FUN!! I can't tell you how many times I hear my name called out from one of my co-workers who can't figure something out on the computer, or if they need something created for someone. I still get to work with the animals and help out with surgeries on occasion, but one of my co-workers has proven to enjoy that sort of thing more (plus she can't find her way around a computer to save her life), so we've each gravitated towards these other roles. It works out very nicely!

The weather is looking crappy for this week, so I might not have as much time to ride the scooter as I hoped. It's so sad to me that I'm getting closer to having to store it for the winter (which means adding some sort of fuel crap to the tank and unplugging the battery until March or April). SUCKS. SUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKS. I hate winter.

0 comments: