Saturday, November 29, 2008

Another quickie

Yesterday's test revealed a good number of follicles on both sides (more on the left than right, but the right side ones are a bit more substantial). Estrogen is up to 391. The puzzling thing for me is the LH number (luteinizing hormone?). Mine started at 1.33 but is dipping WAY below 1 these day. I read somewhere that there's supposed to be a surge at some point, but mine just keeps going down. I don't know what that means, but I plan to consult "our bible" later today (a textbook on reproduction that was loaned to us from a friend of Paul's--it's full of lots of information, most of which I can't seem to wrap my French-riddled brain around, but a few sections of which surprisingly have a lot of clarity to my French-riddled brain!).

The doctor lowered my Gonal from 600 to 75, is keeping the Cetrocide, and has added the new low-dose hCG (40 units--thankfully, another sub-Q shot!). The last few shoot-ups, I've had some pain and bleeding, which is no fun. These usually just result in bruising after a day or so, so I'm officially looking (and FEELING!) like a pin cushion.

It's looking like we'll definitely go to retrieval this time around!! That should be within the next week and at the same time, they'll mix Paul's swimmers (which, by the way, have improved in morphology since he's been adding this icky shit called Proxeed to his morning glass of water) and my eggs. We'll hope for good mixes and lots of embryos, then five days later, we'll have a transfer (they'll transfer 3). We should know by Christmas if I'm pregnant and, since I have ZERO ability to keep my mouth shut, everyone else will know shortly thereafter.

Keep your fingers crossed!!

0 comments: