Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Quick update

I had a blood test and ultrasound this morning, and while my follicles are still a wee smaller than they'd like to see (not surprising as my little buggers are normally late bloomers), everything else is looking good. My baseline estrogen is 55, and today it registered at 234 (this is good!). When things were cancelled in April, my estrogen was only at 231 (but, if you've heard me tell the story, my blood work from that day showed that it more than doubled, however we'd already been cancelled). Estrogen is released by the follicles as they're maturing and it's not something that can be controlled, unlike everything else.

The doctor is keeping me on the full amount of Gonal for the next 2 days, and adding in Cetrocide. I forget what this does exactly (keeps the eggs from popping out?) but it's another sub-Q shot (the good kind that go under the skin, not in the muscle). I have another test scheduled Friday morning so I should know more that day! The chances of a retrieval next week are looking better and better!

Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comments:

mandy_moo said...

Hey! I just saw your post on Bring the Rain and I think your tradition of hiding the elf for your nieces and nephews is really cute. Good luck with the IVF process, it's something I'm not brave enough to try myself!! :) I did 2 rounds of Clomid + IUI and couldn't take anymore!!