Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Mañana

Tomorrow's the big day!! It's funny to think that by noon tomorrow, I'll technically be pregnant with triplets. It won't really feel like it exactly, but it's just fun to think that. Paul and I have had a few "what-if" discussions the last few days, moreso about what to do if this doesn't work. A lot of this depends on how many embryos we'll have frozen (if any). We won't know anything until tomorrow morning, but compared to the first time around, I have a feeling we'll have a few more options available to us this time.

If we have a few left over and if this doesn't work in me, we may eventually resort to a surrogate to carry our child/children. Isn't it awesome that we have one available to us? ☺ Kate has generously offered to do this for us, if needed. I'm hoping it won't be needed, but it's nice to know that's an option if necessary. As much as I would like to experience carrying a child, I would feel just as satisfied if she were able to do it for us. Keep your fingers crossed that this won't be necessary!

For anyone interested or curious, Paul has been (way too happily) giving me butt shots this week--intermuscular progesterone in the upper quadrants of my buns. The initial poke isn't much fun, but the rest of it is pretty painless! I'm really surprised...the only intermuscular shot I've had was a trigger shot in April in my leg, and I couldn't walk for like 3 days after that. I expected a lot worse from these, however it should be taken into account that there is a great deal of padding back there, so it possibly stands to reason that these don't hurt much afterwards. I had a little stiffness the first day, but it was probably because he didn't massage the area after (this is done to evenly distribute the medication, not for other reasons). Other than that, they've been harmless. I think he likes doing them because he feels like he's participating in this whole thing. Aside from "giving a sample," he hasn't really had to endure much outside of putting up with the effects of hormones on me.

Tomorrow, I'm going to come home after the procedure and relax all day (actually, I'm going to sit my arse down in front of the computer and work on this online course, which is STILL not finished). Thursday, I'm working at the vet clinic in the morning but it should be relatively non-stressful, then Blair (Paul's best friend and best man from the wedding) arrives from England that afternoon. He'll be staying with us until Monday (before heading to spend the holidays with his family in Florida). Friday night, the Whittenhall's will be joining us for a big Iaco sleepover! We're both SO EXCITED!!

I haven't finished Christmas shopping yet, but I'm getting there! I have to get myself artistically-motivated soon to get some of them done. That's not always easy for me, especially with all my good art supplies in storage. NOT a good subject to bring up with me these days.

Enjoy the week! More after the procedure, which will actually be relatively boring until we get test results....

0 comments: