Saturday, January 10, 2009

Contrast

Yesterday, I layed by the pool in my bikini on a chaise lounge chair, sipping a strawberry daquiri and heating up in the blazing sun.

Today, I shoveled 10-12 inches of snow off the driveway.

The contrast is stark and really quite depressing. We're in for temps below 10 for a good portion of next week. I'd rather be in Mexico.

My trip was awesome!! Despite the somewhat dumpy hotel (it wasn't all that bad, really), we had a great time. 3-5 hours of each day were spent in the sun (Tues, Wed, and Thurs...only a couple hours on Friday before we left for the airport). Then we'd do whatever...we wandered around the downtown shopping area a couple of times, and spent Thurs evening walking around the marina. The weather was beautiful and sunny the whole time we were there (and not too hot as it was, after all, winter). I would have liked that extra 1/2 day on Monday, but oh well.

Now it's back to reality. On the list this week: calling and scheduling a consultation with Dr. Morris to see what's next in the baby-making world; finishing the online class (I'm almost there!); getting ready for the new semester, which starts the 26th; cleaning the house in case a flurry of showings happen after the Super Bowl. Haha...that last one isn't likely to happen, but a girl can dream.

It's nice to be back with Paul! I did miss him. It's not the first time I've traveled without him, and we're not so attached at the hip that we can't do something without the other. It's just usually more fun with him around, especially on vacation!

Enjoy the snow--I hope the kids all made snowmen!! There are photos of Mexico on my photo site, if anyone is interested.

0 comments: