Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Hello from Mexico!

After the whole debacle getting here, we made it and it´s beautiful! The weather is, anyway. The hotel is ok--kind of dumpy, but not bad. We walked past a lot worse looking last night on our excursion downtown (we took the bus to go shopping). It´s sunny, but oddly, I don´t look tan at all, despite many hours in the sun yesterday. My theory is that it´s technically winter and with temps in the 70´s, the sun probably isn´t as strong as it might be during the summer months. I´m going to try to go without sunscreen (even though I was only wearing spf 8 yesterday!) to see if that nets me a little more color. I´ll likely end up with a healthy burn for a few days, but oh well. I NEED COLOR! I refuse to go home as pasty as I came.

Today, we´re headed to the beach, then this afternoon we´ll go to a market in the downtown area (or near it, I´m not sure). It´s nice being with someone who speaks the language, even though I could have gotten by very well without knowing Spanish. I´m so glad I came here--I was really reluctant at first, mostly for financial reasons, but I´m glad I did it. It´s a break I didn´t know I needed as bad as I did/do. At the risk of sounding totally selfish, I think I went through a lot last year, especially with the IVF. I know Paul did, too, but for different reasons. I had the physical part of it (that he didn´t have), which affected the emotional part of it for us both. I´m exhausted by it--each time going through it is exhausting, and the disappointment is unbearable at times.

I guess I just needed a break. Not from Paul...I miss him terribly here! My friend Peggy is great, but I can´t snuggle with her at night. :) The first night was hard, but of course, it´s a lot easier now. Still, I wish he was here with me. Peggy has a condo in Ixtapa (another part of Mexico) that´s rented right now, but one day Paul and I will come and enjoy it together. That´s soemthing to look forward to!

I´m outta here. Enjoy the snow back home! Hahahahahaha.......

0 comments: