Monday, February 2, 2009

Being heard

This morning, I faxed all of my statements and a nice letter to the lawyer in the hopes of ending this mess. I also got a call from the executive offices at Discover Card. I had sent them an email Friday afternoon about this whole mess, asking for their help, and the woman who called said she would be sending a copy of the merchant's statement to him, and she would call the lawyer to tell him that the merchant's account was never charged back that full amount. Wa-HOO! Now, providing the lawyer doesn't find some loophole and files suit against me, this could be done. Oh, I hope it is.

For those who are still wondering, our house is still on the market. We had an open house Jan. 18th, then a showing the next day, but nothing since. The feedback on the house is always the same: it shows nice and looks great, but it's too small. You'd think these people would know that it only has 1.5 baths before they come see it, however the full bath is quite tiny so I think that throws the whole thing off. Makes me so sad to think we may be stuck here for another year or two. All our stuff is in storage which is costing us $150 a month. We thought we'd only have it there for 3-6 months. It's been a year now. My cat has also been gone a year. I'm hoping Rosie doesn't claim squatters rights and try to keep her when we try to get her back (I've been assured this probably won't happen though). ☺

As far as IVF, we're still not sure when we'll be starting up again. With the school semester just starting, and me now having 2 classes, I'm not sure I'm up for doing drugs again right now. Granted, I'll be on different kinds of drugs, but they're still hormones nonetheless, and I'm dreading them. It takes so much mental preparation for me to get ready for these procedures. It's too soon right now, but maybe in a few months...

That's the latest. We had a relaxing weekend, which is good because there won't be another one of those for a while. A huge shout-out to my friend Cathy, who's turning the big FOUR-OH on Friday! Wish I could be there to help you celebrate, but I'll get down there soon...I promise!!

0 comments: