Thursday, February 5, 2009

"...and you and Becky both wore black."

This is a famous line in my family (only between a few of us). My grandmother wrote it in a letter to my sister after my dad's wedding. She had been praising up and down about how handsome my sister's husband looked in his suit, then she wrote the line you see in the title about Kate and me. That's all she said about us, too. It was funny and very typical of my grandma: she'd lavish the praise, then slam you with a one-liner (or vice-versa). ☺ Another famous one: she pointed out to Kate one time that she was heavy but her hair was so shiny!

My reason for writing that is because my dad and Beverly's anniversary is this month. I'm BAD with anniversary dates (I can just barely remember birthdays, and I'm not always spot-on with those either...ask my niece Charlotte...) but I wanted to wish them both a Happy Anniversary. We really do love Beverly and are all glad my dad had the good sense to marry her when he did!

Everything around here is becoming more and more calm these days. I think the Vespa mess is over with--Discover Card sent a good letter to the lawyer that actually made reference to the erroneous letter they sent to the merchant in 2006 that sparked this whole ordeal. Unless the lawyer finds a loophole, I'm considering this mess finished.

We had a second house showing on Tuesday--the same couple that came to look at the house late last week. I haven't heard any feedback yet, but as usual, I'm not really getting my hopes up. It is nice, however, to be having showings again. They aren't rolling in, but it's still early in the season and with the gov't now talking about a tax credit for home buyers this year, I'm hoping that will spark more interest and get more people in here. We'd also like to take part in getting that tax credit!!!

We have a busy weekend ahead--three birthday parties, and tomorrow afternoon I have a photo shoot. I'll be taking pictures of a friend's daughter for her senior pictures. I'm flattered that they asked me (I offered, too, so maybe it's that they were forced?). I just hope I do a good job.

Have a great weekend!!!

0 comments: