Thursday, March 19, 2009

3/1

I'm officially pregnant! Well, ok, not really...or maybe just one day pregnant.

We went early this afternoon to have some thawed out buggers transfered. I was soooooo stressed all the way there. I had thought they'd start thawing them on Sunday, but my info was wrong. They actually started today, so if any had trouble thawing, we weren't going to find out until right before. I was so sure that something would go wrong, and I jumped every time the phone rang this morning.

We got the surgery center and when the nurse called us in, I asked immediately how many we were having transfered. She didn't know but said she'd find out. Well, 2 minutes later, Dr. Morris came in and said he had 3 thawed out and ready to go, and we still have one frozen. I was BLOWN AWAY.

He took us back to the sterile room and got things rolling right on time--the man is nothing if not PROMPT. 15 minutes later, we were done. I had to wait there another 1/2 hour, but we were out of there before 2pm and on our way home.

So that's it...now I wait. There's a test scheduled in 8 days (Friday), so we should know something then. I'm trying not to get myself too psyched up for this again, despite the fact these are the most advanced embryos we've had implanted to date. Paul's VERY hopeful. I'm being my usual guarded self.

Enjoy the weather! It's cool but the sun is shining and you better believe I'll be on my scooter tomorrow!

0 comments: