Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Awake, but sleepy.

I've found myself awake in the 3 o'clock hour yet again. My sleep habits are deplorable. I don't know why--I fell alseep before 11pm last night. I sleep so restlessly, tossing and turning all night, constantly waking up. Yesterday, I cooked a pot roast in the crock pot and every time I woke up, that's all I could smell (it's been done cooking since about 5pm yesterday, but the smell still lingers). When I woke up at 3:30am, I found myself yelling (in my mind) at my co-workers for overbooking appointments, a problem that's been happening a lot lately (at the vet clinic).

No news about any pregnancy. I peed on a stick Sunday night and it was negative. Maybe it was too early, maybe it was just a way to mentally prepare myself for Friday's test. Whatever the case, I'm ready to once again hear negative. Frankly, I feel NOTHING, and while I'm sure the earth won't shake on its axis if I get pregnant, I expected to feel something. I'm having some cramping, but it's all muscular...

We have a Wii Fit in the house (bought it 12 days ago) and it's killing me! Is it the best workout known to mankind? Probably not, but it's fun, and it's WAY better than the nothing I was doing. There are competitive "games" so Paul and I work against each other on different activities. There are a few things that I can do WAY better than him, and vice versa. We both try to put in 30 minutes of Wii time each day (which equals about 45-60 minutes of real time--it only counts the minutes you use on activities). There's one strength activity called the Plank. I didn't think it would be as hard as it is! Basically, my forearms are on the Wii board (set about 3 inches off the floor, way lower than an aerobic stepper) and my feet extended out behind me with my butt just slightly raised higher than my head. That position is held for 30 seconds. Sound easy? Try it. It's kicks my ass.

We had an open house on Sunday and only one couple showed up. I'm hoping she isn't discouraged by this and no longer offers to have open houses. They may not be great, but as far as I'm concerned, they're better than nothing. I'm not entirely happy with our agent--I don't see her doing anything to sell our house (she has a few others on the market that are worth more, so her energy might be more concentrated on those?). She does some things, but not enough for my tastes. I need a pitbull!!

I'm on spring break this week. That isn't saying much since I only teach one night a week and still have 2 other jobs to go to. WCC (where I teach) has annoyed me beyond recognition. I'm seriously on the verge of saying sayonara--they really don't pay me enough for what I have to deal with. I'll give it one more semester, unless another teaching position comes along.

The weather is stormy this week, and cooler than I'd like, but at least there's no snow. We have a large dead patch of grass in the front...from dog pee that collected on the snow and melted in one spot, I'm guessing. Her pee usually doesn't affect the grass, but if it's all concentrated in one spot for a certain amount of time, it can happen. Gotta love winter!

Enjoy! More news when I know it!

0 comments: