Monday, March 30, 2009

Eureka!

I think most of our immediate world knows the news, but for those who don't....

WE'RE PREGNANT!

It's SUPER early though, so don't go getting too excited just yet. I have had an official bloodtest (my second was actually today), and so far, all hormone levels look great! They look at a level called hCG. On Friday, mine was 44.9. It's supposed to double each day and today, I was at 169, which the nurse said was perfect!

When I went in this morning for the blood draw, they said that if my levels are still a little low, they'd bring me back in on Wed for another test. I was nervous that this would happen. We haven't had anything go our way until now, so I'm not expecting great things from this. I don't mean to sound negative--I am REALLY excited about this, but there's still a great deal of caution we're both taking right now. HOWEVER...my levels are fine. If you're interested in learning more about the levels, there's an interesting site here. Keep in mind that every woman's body is different.

There's still no indication how many might be in there. I don't think I'll really know that for a while. I have an ultrasound (cootie cam) scheduled on Tuesday the 7th where they'll verify that there's a gestational sac. I don't know at what point I'll have to start seeing an OB/GYN--I asked today, and all they said was that it'll be a little while still.

We're both tepidly excited and really, still not at all used to the idea. My work habits will have to change--I can't do x-rays anymore, and I've taken the position of refusing to clean out litter boxes. I know there's some controversy as to whether or not I really can, but frankly, I'm going to do my best to do everything right. I've worked too damn hard to screw it up. The only thing I need to look into is coloring my hair. A girl's gotta have that one vice, and this is mine. I refuse to go 9 months without coloring, even if it means I go orange-blond with peroxide. I will NOT be a gray-haired mother who's constantly confused with being the child's grandmother!!

The house is still on the market, and I'm as determined to sell it as ever. Our agent lacks in a lot of areas, so she's really going to have to step it up. Things are SERIOUS now.

PLEASE keep in mind that things are in the very early stages. I don't know what to expect--I can hope for the best, but not be surprised if things take a turn. Mentally, I have to prepare myself for this or I'll go bananas if it happens. Above anything, I'm SO grateful that I can at least GET pregnant. That was half the battle! I was really thinking I couldn't, so this is a good moment in time.

Enjoy the crappy winter weather headed this way. Paul and I are contemplating a trip to Mexico--a good friend of mine has a beautiful beachfront condo in Ixtapa that she's generously said we can use (no charge!). I'm so stinkin' excited about the possibility! If we go, it'll likely be at the end of April or early May.

Hasta luego!

(and oui, I still teach French....one day I'll get back to France....)

1 comments:

rachna said...

I am so happy for you! Congrats.