Saturday, March 14, 2009

Ready, set, ACTION!

Ok, we're getting ready for big things next week! I knew this would happen, too. It was my new year's resolution to find a dentist. So, after months of searching, I find one and make a long-awaited appointment for March 19th. I haven't been to a dentist in roughly 2 years, and while there's no urgent need for one, I really need a good cleaning.

Then we start on this frozen journey and, low and behold, my transfer will be...you guessed it...March 19th. Guess I'll be calling the dentist on Monday and rescheduling.

I've been on heavy hormones for about a month now. These are really kicking my ass, too. Paul says I've been worse in the past, but I feel these more than ever before. However, starting tomorrow, I lower my dose of estrogen, end the Lupron, and start the Crinone. Crinone is a fun large while horse pill that gets shot up into a place no pill should ever go.

Then Thursday, things happen. We're due downtown by 7:15am and we'll likely be home by 11am. Paul will go to work in the afternoon, and I plan to spend the afternoon laying on the couch with my uterus facing more north than my head.

All this, of course, provided the embryos even thaw out. They start the thaw process on Sunday, first with 2, then they'll thaw one more before Thursday.

I haven't given too much thought to them not even thawing, more to them not really sticking afterwards. This will be my third attempt at putting embryos in there, and we all know how the first 2 worked.

Wish me luck, keep all fingers crossed, pray (if that's what you do), and think a lot of good thoughts for that day!!

0 comments: