Tuesday, April 14, 2009

So much

It's funny how, in just a few short weeks, so much has changed. Last week, we had the inspection on this house and it ended quite well! Only one repair (front step), which we had planned anyway. On our end, we've bid on 3 houses so far, but none would come down to our price point. One of them we thought would be a slam dunk--it wasn't. We're now revisiting 2 of them to see if they'll accept a slightly higher bid. If neither does, we'll be back out looking this weekend.

We tried making an offer on the very first one yesterday, but they wouldn't accept our bid. We're trying the 2nd one today, and if they don't accept, we'll go out hunting again this weekend (we may plan to go anyway). I'm a little blown away at how difficult this has been!! We've put in offers on 3 houses now, 2 of them twice, but had no luck.

The little nubbin is doing just fine! I saw the heartbeat yesterday--it's still too early to hear anything, but seeing it was still pretty awesome! Everyone is so excited, but I don't think anyone is moreso than Paul's dad. On Sunday, he asked a million questions, and kept patting my belly (even though it's just FAT right now, not baby!). After my ultrasound yesterday, I called Paul, who promptly asked me to call his dad, who was apparently waiting with baited breath, so I called the restaurant to let him know. He's thrilled every time we talk! It's so cute!

I haven't had any morning sickness, but I hear that normally starts in the next few weeks. I'm kind of dreading it--with our trip to Mexico, I don't want anything to ruin it, nor do I want to be forced to have to see a doctor there. I've heard there's medication to help with nausea, so I might look into that at my next appointment (a week from today).

In other news, my sister-in-law's PET scan was ALL CLEAR today!! Her husband wept when he heard the news. 2009 is proving to be quite the HAPPY year!!

0 comments: