Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Geneva

Well, surprise of all surprises, we found a house!! After putting in offers on a multitude of houses, we hit the jackpot. Can't say we got the best deal on it, but we were finding that a lot--not many people were willing to budge on prices. My theory is that everyone had lowered their house prices so much that they just didn't want to go any lower. Do I blame them? Not really, however we budged and were told over and over not to worry what we sold our house for because we'd make it up on the buying end. We didn't really see that happen though.

But it's ok--we found a nice house that we aren't having to overstretch to buy! It's in Geneva (IL, for those who might be thinking of European destinations) and it's very, very nice! It was one that we looked at, then thought about for many houses afterwards. We compare them to this one and none really stood up (ok, until the last one that was GORGEOUS but again, no budge on the price). The only things it needs are new kitchen appliances and a back patio or deck (which will have to wait until next summer).

Wanna see it? Take a gander at it here.

IacoBaby is doing well so far. I had my last ultrasound with Dr. Morris' office today. I got to see the heartbeat again, and the tech showed me little leg and arm buds! WE HAVE APPENDAGES! Yippee! It's about 1 cm long so far and growing fast and well! I have, however, been feeling queasy at times, sometimes for longer stretches than I'd like. This is severely hindering my motivation level--I want to do nothing but lay down and relax, which is good for the baby but bad when you have to leave for Mexico in a week and move a week after you return. I'm in deep doo-doo. Thankfully, we're living quite minimally these days, so packing shouldn't be too difficult.

Enjoy the upcoming 80 degree weather! Where else can you live where it snows on a Tuesday and is 80 by Friday???

0 comments: