Thursday, October 1, 2009

One busy little man

I just got back from seeing the OB and I'm happy to report that everything looks great! Baby is measuring the same as last time, which she said could just be because of his position. Right now, he's assumed to be head down. There has been TONS of movement lately, and in just the past few days, I've felt more body parts--fists, feet, that sort of thing. He pushes out, I push back in. It's fascinating as all hell to me! I know women go through this all the time, but I don't.

I realize I may be giving away the sex of the baby to those who may not have wanted to know (sorry, Cathy!). It's getting harder to avoid referring to him as a HIM. ☺ So there you have it--he's a boy!

His heartrate was great, my blood pressure is great, and the doctor said I look really good for being 7 months along. Admittedly, I'm feeling uncomfortable at times, but not all the time. My biggest issue is finding a pair of pants that fit comfortably--I mostly wear granny-type elastic waist pants.

My work schedule is nice in that I can spend my days off laying around, not letting things swell up like most women have to. Hee hee! I still bowl on occasion (in a league). Being pregnant hasn't helped or hurt my average, which has pretty much always sucked, but I still have a good time.

My next appt is Oct 19 for an ultrasound (to check growth). We are also scheduled to go to an all-day childbirth class on the 10th. Neither one of us is all that excited--we've heard they cater mostly to those who are young and inexperienced with babies, of which we're neither.

I'm also trying to decide about the flu vaccines (both the regular and H1N1). The last one I had was a regular one 10 years ago, and 3 weeks later, I was violently ill. That pretty much turned me off to getting more, but it's been said that getting one can also protect the baby later. That's the only thing that attracts me to it, but in general, I'm TOTALLY freaked out about getting them. I'd appreciate hearing from anyone about this--thoughts, research you've done, etc.

It's getting COLD out there, but most times, I'm still a hotbox. Enjoy!

0 comments: