Sunday, October 11, 2009

Hot tamale

Not much to report from the Iaco house. Baby's been active, moving around like crazy at different times, sometimes not the most ideal times (3am is a popular time!). He doesn't wake me, but if I get up during the night to pee, he's all over the place while I'm trying to get back to sleep. I'm not complaining--it's really quite cool! Fascinates the hell outta me! The belly's getting bigger, too, but thankfully no sign of stretch marks.

One issue I've had to deal with more and more is acid reflux. Now, I don't really know the difference between this and heartburn so it could be either, but since there's a lot of burping and some residuals, I'm calling it reflux. I've had to deal with this before--I was on Prevacid for a short time and was taking it when needed. I'm not taking anything now but just learning to deal with it and avoid doing things that exacerbate it.

Yesterday, we attended an all-day childbirth class at the hospital where we'll have the baby (Delnor). It was somewhat interesting--I don't know that I learned a lot of anything new, but there were a few things that were informative. Paul definitely got more out of it than I did. I'm still undecided about the flu vaccines (both of them). I hear so many different things about each one that I don't know what to believe anymore. The swine flu vaccine still isn't available for pregnant women, but it sounds like it's close to being ready.

We have a bunch of busy weekends coming up. Next weekend is Homecoming at IC and a birthday party for Paul's niece, Claire. The following weekend is a baby shower for my cousin, Sarah, then one for me the next day (hosted by Paul's sister--it'll be mostly people from "his side"). The weekend after that is Halloween, then another baby shower for us hosted by my sister. November will bring us birthdays galore, then Thanksgiving, which we're hosting. YES, you read that right--we're hosting Thanksgiving. I'll be just about 9 months pregnant and probably not doing much that day, but we'll have 25 or so people here, both sides of the family, ready to pitch in. We promised last year that, if we moved, we'd host it. Well, that's what we're doing. I'm actually looking forward to it though!

I'm still working, both at the vet clinic and tutoring. Not sure how long I'll do these, but I'm hoping to stretch it out as long as possible. The thought of not working is just so weird to me! I know the baby will be equivalent to a couple full-time jobs, but he won't be making me any money. ☺ A lot of changes will be happening after he arrives!

Enjoy the fall weather!

0 comments: