Saturday, November 7, 2009

Pregnancy superlatives

The most interesting thing about being pregnant:
The kicking and rolling around going on in there! I sometimes sit and watch my stomach area move around. Just fascinating!

The worst thing about being pregnant:
The uncomfortableness of it all, especially in this last month. I feel sometimes like my insides are smashed against one another and nothing is where it's supposed to be.

The most surprising thing about being pregnant:
I'm a hot box! I can't believe it's November and I'm still sleeping in a tank top with just a sheet over me. Usually by now, my toes and fingers turn blue at night, and I'm wrapped in blankets all the time. There are times when I'm cold, but more often than not, I'm quite warm.

The biggest craving I've had:
Besides meat, I could eat Taco Bell Black Jack Tacos everyday, if given the opportunity. Oh wait...I have the opportunity. ☺ I don't indulge everyday, but at least once a week. I mash them up in a bowl and make a taco salad.

The hardest thing to get used to:
Wearing low-rider pants. I have ALWAYS worn pants (and underwear, for that matter) at my waist. I have a pair of maternity jeans that have a panel that pull up over the baby bump, which is about as close as I get to having something at my waist, otherwise everything sits below the bump.

5 things I miss the most:
1) Milk in the first trimester. I LOVE LOVE LOVE drinking milk all the time, but for those first 3 months, it did horrid things to my digestive track. Thankfully, that cleared up and all is well in the world.
2) Riding my scooter. YES, I know I did that for a lot longer than most people felt comfortable (despite the fact it was ok'd by my doctor!), however on a weekend like the one we're having right now (70's today and tomorrow!!), it would have been reeeeally nice to jump on it and go for a ride.
3) BEER. I've never been a heavy drinker of beer, but for some reason, I have craved it!! Especially at bowling, where one always bowls a little better with beer in ones system. I've been told by some that it's ok to drink beer while pregnant, however it took me a LONG time to get knocked up, so it's just not worth it to me. I have been known to practically sniff the flavor out of beer whenever I get the chance.
4) Sleep. I realize this is something I'm not going to have for quite a while, I just didn't expect to lose the ability as quickly as I did. I don't think I've had a decent nights sleep since WAY early on in the pregnancy.
5) Of course, along with this, I could say I miss the occasional Melatonin, Tylenol PM, and other helpful sleep aids. Drugs in general have been missed by me, especially a few weeks back when I had a cold. When I was having horrible back pain over the summer, there wasn't much I could do about it--I have a TENS unit (electrical stimulation) that I couldn't even use.

0 comments: